Centre Marketing Updates
To Our Valued Customers,
Important Community Health Update
[Saturday 21 August]
The Western Public Health Unit has confirmed to Blackburn Square Management that a positive COVID-19 case patient attended the Construction Site at Blackburn Square on Monday 16 August, from 7.30am – 4pm.
All Tier 1 close contacts have been contacted and are now in 14-day isolation.
All other construction contractors are deemed Tier 2 casual contacts and are advised to urgently get tested and isolate until you have a negative result.
Please note that we have NOT been advised nor is there any evidence that the infected contractor entered the Shopping Centre on the day concerned – Monday 16 August.
The health and safety of our community is our priority. A full clean of the Shopping Centre has been undertaken out of an abundance of caution to ensure any risk to our tenants or customers is minimised. If you are concerned or you would like to receive further information on COVID-19, please visit the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 website
Following the Victorian Government’s announcement, Victoria will go into an extended lockdown period until further notice.
Blackburn Square is open with the following conditions:
- – Only essential services will remain open from trade within the daily curfew of 9pm until 5am.
- – Face masks must be worn indoors and outdoors, unless an exception applies.
- – Check in upon entry using the Service Victoria app, even if your visit is less than 15 minutes.
- – Shopping must be done within 5km of your home or the nearest location.
- – Maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres from other members of the public.
- – Practice good hygiene and use the touchless hand sanitisers throughout the centre.
- – If you have any symptoms, do not enter the centre. No matter how mild, you must get tested for COVID-19.
The following stores are open for your essential needs:
- – Woolworths (open 7am till 8pm daily)
- – Australia Post
- – Bakers Delight
- – BWS
- – Commonwealth Bank
- – Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses (takeaway only)
- – healthSAVE Pharmacy
- – Hong Hot Bread (takeaway only)
- – Relax Dental and Facial Care (emergency appointments only)
- – Strachan Eyecare (emergency appointments only)
The Centre Management team assure you of Blackburn Square’s commitment to helping protect the health and wellbeing of our entire community.
We ask for your continued support in making sure Blackburn Square continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this time.
For further details, please visit the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 website.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at Blackburn Square.