Update August 2021
As we progress through the total redevelopment of the old North Blackburn Shopping Centre, we thank you for your continued support and patience.
We are pleased to provide an update in regard to new shop opening dates and current works.
Environmentally Sustainable Development Strategy
- Installation of four 30,000L Rain Water Tanks which will provide water to the Centre amenities for flushing and fire services
- Installation of a 99kw Solar Power System on the roof of the Centre as part of Stage 2 works reducing our carbon footprint
- Greenhouse gas emissions for the development will be 10% below the benchmark
- Upgrade of all lighting in the Centre to high performance LED lighting including the car park and internal mall lighting
- Waste Management Systems are being put in place to ensure access to recycling facilities and maximum diversion of waste from landfill
Our new, state-of-the-art amenities block is now open for customers to enjoy. Located for your convenience opposite Australia Post.
Woolworths Store Upgrade
The fresh new look Woolworths at Blackburn Square is now complete! The store puts fresh food and convenience at its heart, offering artisan breads, Macro wholefoods market, a butcher shop and an array of fresh seafood from the fish market… Enjoy the difference! Click here for more details.
Key Shop Openings
- Commonwealth Bank & Relax Dental and Facial Care have now re-opened in their new location, near the Springfield Road entrance.
- The brand new Sacca’s Fine Foods along with The Butcher Club, Sushi Sushi and Bakers Delight will be opening later this year.
- Coles Supermarket and Liquorland will be opening.
More details to come on the opening & re-locating of stores. Store opening dates are subject to change.
Car Park Works – Springfield Rd
All parking in the North Car Park will be operational soon, with additional areas being handed over for customer parking progressively from this month.
Bus Stop Access – Springfield Rd
Our new Pedestrian Ramp will be operational soon, providing customers with direct access to the Centre off Springfield Road.
While there is a great deal going on at the Centre, it’s business as usual for all your daily shopping needs.
Feel free to contact us in the Centre Management Office for any queries.
Sacca’s Fine Foods is Opening Soon